SEO image optimization for Bloggers or Blogspot Blogs
When come to seo image optimization fro blogger blogs Frankly speaking they have very poor seo image optimization than WordPress blogs. It doesn’t mean that blogger blogs can’t be optimized like WordPress blogs but you have to put some extra effort and need to be a pro in Blogspot.So lets get started with Image Optimization Tips and Tricks.
What are the Disadvantages of Blogger when coming to SEO image optimization:
- In Blogger there is no such plugin or widget using which you can give alt title tags for the images.
- You cannot compress the image size automatically.
- In Blogger blogs there is no way to crop images to fit the layout of the blog.
How To Make Images SEO Friendly in Blogger Blogs?
1. ReSize Images Properly:
- The best tool I recommend you for cropping images online is cropp.me.
- For offline cropping and editing Adobe Photoshop is the best tool which I regularly use.
Note:Always remember that your image size should not be larger than the width of the post body.If your image is larger than the post body then the image will be hidden behind your widget or it may overlap with your widgets.By default it is recommended to keep the image size less than 580px.
2. Compress Images Before you Upload to Blogger:
- I always see that Yahoo Smushit goes down and takes alot of time for uploading and downloading.
- The best alternate tool for smush.it is Puny.Png.I was using this tool since couple of weeks and has a great compression ratio.I personally feel this tool is far better than Yahoo Smushit.
3. Add Alt Title Tags for Images:
Click on Image and you can see the navigation bar
Now Name the image properly in Alt and Title text with concerned name.
4. Avoid Giving Spaces for Images and Pictures names:
For example if you are writing a post on Making Money Online and you want to show a image that resembles Making Money Online.
Now you will give name as Making Money Online. But it is recommended to avoid spaces because these spaces are generally replaced by %20 and doesn’t has any value when it comes to SEO. So, it is better to replace space with ‘-’ or ‘+’.
Instead of Making Money Online name it as Make+Money+Online or Make-Money-Online.